Meitu is a Chinese application that is extremely popular at home, but in Russia few people know about its existence – and in vain! Perhaps the main feature of this application for iPhone is that all the variety of filters, effects, brushes, frames and stickers is completely free. You will receive the basic set immediately by installing the application, and the rest, if necessary, can be downloaded from your local store. The idea is extremely successful: you do not clog your smartphone with a bunch of unnecessary tools, but only install the necessary … Unless, the abundance of the Chinese language in the English-language application is a little annoying: the names of categories and tools are not translated. This does not harm the use of the application, but the eye involuntarily clings to unfamiliar characters. Opening the application, you will see the following categories:
- Camera (allows you to shoot immediately with the imposition of filters);
- Tips for using the application;
- Auto-retouch (choose one of the proposed styles, and your photo is automatically edited with the same filters, stickers, etc.);
- Materials (the same store of additional tools);
- Collages (combines several photos into one image);
- Meipai (if you have this application installed, you can use it to edit videos without leaving Meitu).
In the “Edit” menu you will find tools that are suitable for working not only with selfies, but also with photos taken with the main camera: cropping, adjusting contrast, sharpness, blur – in short, more or less universal parameters. The “Retouch” section is already focused on selfies: here you can remove skin imperfections and make it lighter, correct an unsuccessful angle with plastic, add stickers and everything in this spirit. The output is a ready-made photo for social networks. In general, with the exception of the unexpected interspersing of Chinese characters, the application leaves an extremely pleasant impression: Meitu performs the role of “beauty editor” with a bang.