We have talked about navigation software for iPhone and iPad many times, which falls into two broad categories: paid and free. The former offer comprehensive functionality, easy navigation and a high-quality picture. The latter are very stripped down and outwardly flawed, but attractive in terms of zero cost. Each navigator will find its user, the question is only in personal preferences. Let's expand our horizons with another navigator for iPhone and iPad Navmax GPS Navigation. To be honest, Navmax GPS Navigation is just a free software shell with a 7-day trial period without any restrictions. After this period, you still have to buy maps from the Navteq® map service. Moreover, the cost of cards is either more, or the same as that of competitors. I suggest that you forget about the trial period for a while and take a critical look at the Navmax navigator, because there is something to compare with. Further thesis.
Navmax GPS Navigation Features:
- Fast route planning.
- Offline mode.
- Voice guidance.
- Search for a destination by address, history, coordinates, POI, online search (only when connected to the Internet).
- 3D and 2D map view.
- Calculation of distance to destination, travel time and arrival time.
- Day and night modes.
- Online services: weather, exchange rates, messenger.
- Custom view and interface settings.
Disliked in Navmax GPS Navigation:
- After installing the program in App Store, it will still download a lot of things at the first start (fonts, voice assistant, maps and other settings).
- A frankly 'cheap' picture. Extra toxic default colors.
- Very narrow keys on the virtual keyboard.
- There is no status bar with information about the quality of the GPS signal, the ability to quickly mute the sound, cancel the route, get information about the weather, and so on.
If you are not picky about the application interface, you do not care what color the route indicators are, you have very thin and long fingers, and a high-speed Internet connection, then out of curiosity, try Navmax GPS Navigation. For money, there are much better and more convenient navigators.