Many owners of this gadget are faced with the question of how to download music to iPod from a computer. While it is possible to load folders with necessary files into an mp3 player, in the case of an iPod everything is a little more complicated.
Method 1 – sync with your iTunes library
To transfer music from your computer to your device, the first thing to do is download the iTunes software itself. With its help, it will be possible to synchronize the entire music library, after which the files on the PC and on the device will be the same. If iTunes is already installed on your computer, you need to check if it is out of date, otherwise problems may arise during use, for example, the device will not be detected.
After the program is installed in the desired directory, you can proceed to connecting the iPod. ITunes recognizes it automatically without installing any additional drivers. However, this recognizes the iPod as a flash drive and can only be used to move files to another computer, and you won't be able to listen to music on it.
Now you need to launch iTunes, find the iPod icon and click on it. Settings should appear on the screen. If the device is connected for the first time, you will be prompted to install it. The program will perform this procedure on its own.
Now you can proceed to downloading music through iTunes.
Music can be transferred by dropping tracks into the device memory, this requires synchronization. It is performed as follows:
- Using the USB cable, you need to connect the device to your PC. However, a Wi-Fi connection can also be used.
- We launch the program.
- In the 'Device Model' section, go to the 'Overview' tab.
- Now, in the 'Music' section, you need to check the 'Sync Music' box. After that, the settings will become available.
- If you need to download all the music, select the item 'Entire library', optionally – 'Favorite playlists, artists, albums and genres'.
- When the choice is made, you need to click 'Apply' and wait for the entire library to sync.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will go on sale first Now officially: announcement of iPhone 12 will take place in a week
If it is difficult to understand this program, there are other ways to download music to iPod.
Method 2 – without using iTunes manually
When you need to upload only one or several tracks to your device, you don't have to use iTunes and wait for the sync to finish. You can throw songs into the iPod without adding them to the program's library. To do this, go to iTunes settings and do the following:
- Connect device to PC.
- Open iTunes and select it from the list by clicking Browse. Select the 'Options' menu by scrolling all the way down the page and check the box next to 'Handle music and videos manually'.
- After completing this operation, open the 'On this iPod' tab, select the music storage location and upload the downloaded songs to the player.
Method 3 – via the iСloud cloud
In order to be able to upload music to your device via the cloud, you need to subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, this option is only suitable for iPod Touch.
If the second option is used, you need to do the following:
- Go to the 'Settings' section of the mobile system using the identifier Apple ID used to log in to the system where the iTunes library is located.
- At the bottom of the screen, you need to click the 'Music' icon. After that, move the 'Show' slider to ON.
- In the middle of the menu, the iCloud Music Library slider is also set to On. Now you need to turn on or off the transfer via cellular communication and choose an option: whether or not to use automatic downloading of media files to devices associated with iCloud.
- The best option would be to use a Wi-Fi network.