The smart watch is locked with a user password. This is necessary to preserve the security of the data of the owner of the gadget, but situations often happen when access to the password is lost. Therefore, many are wondering what to do if access is lost.
There is no way to reset the password while saving the data on the device. You will have to completely reset the gadget. This can be done in two ways:
- Through the application Apple Watch on the paired with the watch iPhone.
- Using the side button on the smartwatch.
Before you reset Apple Watch to factory settings, make sure that access is completely lost, since all data will be permanently deleted. Only the backup function will help to fix the situation, the use of which will restore the reset device to a previously saved state. The backup does not store the password, so it is safe to use in case of loss of access.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro go on sale first Epic Games asks court to return Fortnite to App Store
Also, the function of resetting to factory parameters will be useful in case of malfunctions in the operation of the device (incorrect operation of applications, false alarms of the sensor and similar problems).
Resetting to factory settings using the device iPhone
To do this, you need a device paired with iPhone with the application installed Apple Watch. During the entire procedure, the smartphone should be close to the device. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- In the app Apple Watch select the 'My Watch' tab.
- Open the settings menu, section 'General'.
- Select 'Reset'.
- Click on the 'Erase Content and Settings Apple Watch' option. To confirm this action, you may need to enter a password from Apple ID.
- After completing the procedure, configure the device again and restore from a backup copy, if any.
Reset settings Apple Watch side button
As a result of this method, the parameters will be reset to the factory settings. This option will work for users without iPhone. During the entire process, the device must be connected to the charging cable. It is carried out as follows:
- Keep the side button pressed until 'Device off' is displayed.
- Press firmly on the 'Power off' button.
- Select 'Erase All Content and Settings'.
- After the end of the process, you will need to pair with iPhone. If you have a backup, you can restore it.
The difference between this method and the option of zeroing through an application on a smartphone is that the reset using the side button allows you to bind another smartphone to the watch, and this can be useful when changing the owner of the gadget.