A lineup of digital audio players without displays using flash memory has appeared on the world market for portable equipment. The products were developed and released by an American corporation Apple, which is a manufacturer of computers, tablets, phones, and software. Versions iPod Shuffle differ in appearance, memory size, battery life, functionality and cost.
Inexpensive, widespread and the most successful gadget is the 4th generation model. The rules described below for iPod Shuffle in the instructions will help you figure out how to use it correctly.
The player iPod Shuffle is a high-tech device with which the following processes are performed:
- synchronization of songs, playlists, mixes via Genius;
- listening to music, audio files via downloading from the Internet;
- listening to books from the iTunes Store;
- creating and storing backup copies of files.
The main difference between Shuffle 4 and previous versions of Shuffle 1 and 2 is the presence of the VoiceOver function, which is a built-in navigation system with voice-over for track titles, artist names in 29 languages and switching playlists.
The iPod Shuffle audio player is a miniature square device with rounded sides and flat edges.
The tool body is made of anodized aluminum, which does not have a negative impact on the environment. The material is free of BFR and PVC.
The gadget is equipped with a built-in lithium-ion battery with an autonomous operating time of up to 15 hours.
The iPod Shuffle package includes the following accessories:
- USB 2.0 cable;
- headphones Apple with a remote control;
- manual for use.
Specifications for the audio player iPod Shuffle 4 look like this:
- Overall dimensions – 31.6×29.0x8.7 mm.
- Weight – 12.5 g.
- The amount of flash memory is 2 GB.
- Nominal load resistance – 32 Ohm.
- Net volume – 5668 m³.
- Sound frequency – 20-20000 Hz.
- Operating temperature – 0 … + 35 ° C.
- Content temperature – -20 … + 45 ° C.
- Relative humidity – 5-95%.
- Tested altitude of use – up to 3000 m.
Enable iPod Shuffle
To enable iPod Shuffle, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Connect to your computer by plugging the USB cable into the headphone jack on the device on one side, and into the computer's USB 2.0 port on the other.
- After syncing or using as an external drive, disconnect the Shuffle, plug in the headphones.
- Slide the 3-way switch from the off position to the play position.
During most operations, such as turning on the gadget, rewinding, playing, VoiceOver, and others, the indicator blinks green.
Interface connectors and outputs
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will go on sale first Now officially: announcement of iPhone 12 will take place in a week
To manage iPod Shuffle the manufacturer has developed a simple and convenient interface.
The front side of the device contains standard control elements:
- 'Previous / Rewind';
- 'Next / Fast forward';
- 'Play / Pause';
- “Decrease volume”;
- 'Increase volume'.
The top end has the following buttons and connectors:
- status indication;
- headphone jack;
- VoiceOver button
- 3-position switch.
On the back panel there is a large-area clip-on clip with a tight spring that provides a good hold to clothes.
Setting iPod Shuffle
To adjust the volume limit, follow these steps:
- Set your gadget to the highest volume.
- Connect it to your computer.
- In iTunes, find Shuffle, then Browse => Options => Limit Maximum Volume, highlight the latter.
- Move the slider to the desired level.
If you cancel the maximum volume, remove the check mark from the limit setting.
When adding music to the iPod, the iTunes library is used, which automatically starts when connected to a computer.
In iTunes, music is imported via CD, the Internet, purchases from the iTunes Store, or by uploading your own songs or files to your library.
After the data is imported and synchronized, download the audio files to iPod Shuffle.
Before using the audio player, be sure to familiarize yourself with the operating instructions for the device. This is an important safety information, important because non-observance of the instructions not only results in damage to the device itself, but also a high risk of fire, electric shock, bodily injury and property damage.
- Do not drop, bend, break the device.
- Do not use force when connecting to the port.
- Observe proper temperature conditions. In cold temperatures, battery performance may temporarily decrease.
- Do not use detergents, aerosols, or alcohol when cleaning the surface.
- Do not use headphones while driving or other activity requiring attention.
- Limit the length of time you use headphones at maximum volume.
- Observe safety precautions when working with the power adapter.
- Do not use Shuffle in humid places.
- Do not repair the device yourself.
- Dispose of properly.
Usage problems iPod Shuffle
If there is a problem with iPod Shuffle, do the following:
- Restart the device.
- Retrying using a different USB 2.0 port.
- Restart the computer checking for program updates.
- Reinstall iTunes.
- Shuffle software recovery 4.
If the problem persists, contact the service center.