Failure to activate iPhone often leads to the need to take the smartphone to the service, but this does not always mean that it is broken and nothing can be repaired, and the only way out is to buy a new one. You can try to activate it yourself, without the intervention of a specialist.
Reasons for activation failure
The reasons for the failed activation of the smartphone can be:
- Lack of internet connection or its instability. All activations and updates for any device occur only with a good Internet connection, and if this is not the case, then activation is impossible.
- The modem inside the device is defective. In this case, the phone will have to be repaired. the modem must be replaced and nothing can be done by yourself.
- The presence of non-original accessories. A device running on version 11 of the software that has undergone repair, during which parts (modem, Nand-memory or Wi-Fi module and Bluetooth) were replaced, after a reset or any other actions requiring subsequent activation, it will be impossible to activate. This is due to the new policy Apple regarding unofficial repairs.
- Server unavailability. When new updates for smartphones are released, a large number of people start downloading them, and the company's servers cannot withstand so many people, or they are unavailable for other technical reasons. The server status can be checked on the official website of the company Apple. If the servers are busy or not working, then you need to wait until the programmers restore them to work, or try to activate the device when fewer people will install a software update.
- Software glitch.
- The beta version of the firmware is installed and the phone is not registered.
What can be done to solve the problem
A reboot helps to solve some problems. after it, the phone frees its RAM from unnecessary background programs that slow down the device. As a result, the speed of work increases, which, perhaps, was not enough for activation, i.e. the RAM was overloaded with a large amount of data, the device could freeze and give an error.
Change connection network
This action can also help if the problem lies in the instability or severe congestion of the network. You should choose another Wi-Fi network, the source of which can be not only a router, but also, for example, someone's phone.
Try to activate the device through iTunes
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pros to ship first Apple ready to start production iPhone 12
You need to connect your device to your computer and open iTunes on your PC. In a situation where iTunes or the computer itself do not see the smartphone and do not react to it in any way, the modem in the phone is likely to break. You can check this in one more way: on the device activation screen, you need to click on the icon – i in the circle. If everything is in order with the modem, then the serial number iPhone will appear on the screen, and if not, it means that the modem is faulty and the phone can only be repaired.
If the device has a beta version of the firmware, then after the introduction of a full update with all the necessary fixes, the smartphone sometimes disappears from the register. Therefore, you need to register it on the official website manually or contact a licensed service center, where the phone will be registered.
You can try to restore iPhone yourself through iTunes or take your phone to professionals who will do everything for you. There are two recovery options:
- return to factory settings;
- recovery of user data.
In case of activation failure iPhone, the first method is suitable – return to the previous software version (rollback). Rollback should be done, because this will save some user data. However, if this does not solve the problem, then you will have to reinstall the system completely, and then all data will be lost.
A complete reinstallation of the system should be done at a service center. They will remove the previous firmware from the smartphone and completely reinstall the system. It is important to make sure that the licensed version of the software is installed, otherwise problems with device activation will return. It is recommended to entrust the reinstallation of the system to a specialist, and not do everything yourself, so as not to spoil the phone, which then may not be repairable.
There can be many reasons for activation failure, but all of them can be identified and corrected. It may even be possible to avoid contacting a service center, but if all your actions do not lead to the desired result, then in order not to spoil and break the smartphone so that it cannot be restored later, it is better to trust a professional.