Every iPhone owner sooner or later faced the problem of lack of free space, especially if the amount of memory does not exceed 32 GB. The device starts to perform worse, requests are processed more slowly, and applications open. How to clear the memory on iPhone from the accumulated information? We offer tips and tricks to help you accomplish this task without damaging your system files and data from other applications.
- Restarting iPhone
- Removing unused apps and games
- Removing applications from the desktop
- Removing apps from Settings
- Uninstalling Apps Using iTunes
- Reinstalling Applications
- Clearing Safari History
- Delete messages
- Cleaning iMessage
- Freeing 'Photos' from old photos
- Disable Photo Stream
- Update iOS via iTunes
- Download large app
- Radical methods – return to factory settings iPhone
- Resetting data to iPhone
- Erasing content via iCloud
- Option for the lazy
This is the simplest way, in which all processes are terminated, freeing up RAM. In addition, the cache accumulated in browsers and applications is cleared. Rebooting completely of the cache will not get rid of it, although it will reduce it.
Removing unused apps and games
Before taking drastic measures to clean up memory, go through the tabs of the main screen. There are almost certainly many outdated games and programs that have not been launched for a long time. Check old folders and destroy software junk. Thus, it will turn out to restore order in memory iPhone and free up space. There are different ways to uninstall programs on iPhone.
Removing applications from the desktop
This method is the simplest and every apple device owner is familiar with it.
- Tap anywhere on the desktop iPhone and hold your finger on the screen for at least 2 seconds.
- After that, an animation of dragging and dropping applications will appear – the icons will begin to shake.
- You can delete only those programs with a cross in the upper left corner, that is, only those that were downloaded from the AppStore.
- Tap on the cross and confirm the deletion.
Removing apps from Settings
This method is good because before deleting you can see how much an application takes. Therefore, your choice will not be random, but quite reasonable, since it is best to remove the most 'gluttonous' programs.
- On your mobile device, go to Settings – General – Statistics.
- Navigate to Storage.
- Select the required application by clicking on its icon.
- Tap on the Uninstall program button.
- Confirm your decision.
Uninstalling Apps Using iTunes
The latter method will require a computer with iTunes installed. Its essence is to cancel synchronization and automatically remove those applications that were previously canceled in iTunes.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your mobile device using a cable or Wi-Fi network.
- Select the device you need from the list of connected ones.
- Go to the Programs tab.
- Remove all unnecessary applications.
- Click the Synchronize button.
After that, at the first synchronization (automatic or manual), the applications deleted in iTunes will be deleted from memory iPhone.
An efficient method will help free yourself of temporary files and cache that accumulate in huge volumes in applications.
Clearing Safari History
It is recommended to start a thorough cleaning of the iPhone by deleting the history of visits and cookies. To clean your browser you need to do:
- In 'Settings' go to Safari.
- Activate the 'Clear history and data' function.