ICloud Drive in iOS 11 has been replaced by a new functional application 'Files' that allows users of devices iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to store their data in one program, view , manipulate and share them. The application makes it easy to find the files you need, regardless of where they are stored and the device used.
Working with files in the Files application
The application interface is designed in a laconic design and is focused on the convenience of handling documents of various types. It adapts to the screen size of the device and opens up in vertical and horizontal orientation.
The main window with folders opens on the screen. On the left side there is a panel for navigating through file storages, such as 'Places', 'Favorites', 'Tags'. The contents of the selected store are displayed on the right side. At the bottom of the screen you can see the last opened files.
For the convenience of the user, documents in each directory are displayed as a list or as separate icons. The application allows you to:
- Sort files into folders. The button for creating a folder is at the bottom of the screen. Using the application, you can create new folders on the device itself, on the connected cloud storage and put documents, photos, audio recordings there.
- Sort files by tags. This feature will allow you to group files by attributes and find them regardless of location. For this, installed tags of different colors are offered. The user can also change them at his own discretion – 'Work', 'Personal', 'Shopping', 'Travel'.
- Recover deleted files. All deleted files go to the trash and are stored there. To restore, it is enough to select the desired file in the 'Recently Deleted' folder and click on the 'Restore' button.
Using the application, the user will be able to create new and rename old files and folders, as well as move them.
Moving files in the application
The device iPhone or iPod touch uses the traditional file transfer method. You must follow the sequence of actions:
- Select the file to be moved using the 'Select' button.
- Click the folder icon.
- Select the folder where you want to move the file.
- Click the 'Move' button.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will go on sale first Apple will announce the launch of iPhone 12 from day to day
The most understandable and convenient way to move files within the application or between third-party storages is the Drag and Drop technology, which is available in iOS 11. To move a file you need to:
- Select a file.
- Hold the icon with your finger until it rises.
- Drag the icon to a new location.
Drag and Drop is used primarily on the device iPad and allows you to move both single files and groups. To do this, after capturing one file, just press the other finger on the others.
Linking to the Files app Google Drive and Dropbox
The application allows you to work with data from iCloud, as well as from other sources. With its help, the user will easily get access to cloud storage Dropbox and Google Drive.
It is enough to install the official cloud service application on the device so that its documents and folders are displayed in the Files window.
How to share documents from the Files app
The application allows you to share a document with other users or invite them to work together on a project. For this you need:
- Select the file you want to share.
- Hold the icon of the selected document for a few seconds until a pop-up line appears.
- Click on the arrow in the right corner of the line, select the 'Share' option.
- In the window that opens, find the 'Add people' function.
- Select the appropriate type of transmission of a document or invitation to other users.
- Send the selected file.
You can share files with friends through the applications Inbox, Viber, Twitter.