Most people's lives have been going on on the Internet for a long time. They communicate there, call, receive information and perform other actions. You can do all this at the same time using special programs – messengers.
WhatsApp has been the leader among them for several years in a row. The possibilities of the application are increasing every month, attracting more and more new people. Users have a growing number of friends, dialogues, calls, gradually filling up the free space.
Some people don't like this and are looking for ways to clear their account of unnecessary chats. In this article we will try to tell you in detail how to do this.
There are two types of chats in WhatsApp – text and voice. Both can be deleted. Let's start with the first category.
Deleting individual chats / dialogs
- Go to the corresponding 'Chats' menu and select the user with whom we want to delete the dialogue.
- Then we swipe on it from right to left.
- Two points will open to us here. And then you have to make a choice: whether to delete the chat for good or just add it to the archive.
- To delete the conversation with the ends, click on 'More' and select 'Delete chat'.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will go on sale first Apple ordered foldable foldable displays from Samsung iPhone
After that, the dialogue with the user will have to be started over and, accordingly, all materials from it will disappear without the possibility of recovery.
- To send the dialogue to the archive, after the swipe, select the 'Archive' item.
If you want to return the dialog, then go to the 'Archive' menu, swipe on the desired dialog and select 'Unzip'.
There is also an option to simply clear the chat. In this case, all messages will be deleted, but the dialogue itself will remain in the chat list. To clear the chat, we swipe on the dialogue, select the 'More' item and click on 'Clear chat'.
Delete all dialogs at once
If you do not want to deal with each dialogue separately, you can resort to serious measures – cleaning, deleting and archiving all dialogs at once. To do this, go to the 'Settings' menu, then to 'Chats' and at the very bottom select the scenario you need.