Apple insists that disassembling a gadget at home is difficult, and sometimes impossible, the process is quite complicated. Plus, you should be aware that due to self-disassembly, the warranty is lost. The process for iPhone any model never ceases to be laborious, so a number of tools will be needed:
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will go on sale first Apple ordered foldable foldable displays from Samsung iPhone
- A key that helps open the SIM card;
- Plastic knife;
- Several screwdrivers designed to disassemble such equipment (or better – a set);
- Rubber mat;
- Specialized iSclack;
- Suction cup with ring;
- Containers of different sizes (can become organizers for folding buttons, bolts, fasteners).
If you decide to carry out the procedure yourself, this scheme will help you and pay attention to the main points:
- The two bolts located on the bottom of the outer side panel must be unscrewed.
- Separate the inner parts from the display. This process is laborious, especially considering the weight of the smartphone (188 g). This is where you need the iSclack. This special device is the opposite of the glue used for iPhone 7. The suction cup with the ring should be attached to the bottom of the display approximately in the middle. Use a special tool to enlarge the gap by prying the screen and pulling it towards you. The suction cup makes the process safer and faster. If the density of the glue is high, heating the glue with a regular hair dryer with a narrow nozzle will help. The photo shows the use of a professional tool. But actions with a suction cup and a special device help to carry out disassembly just as well.
- When opening, you should forget about haste and remember that in iPhone 7, the autopsy is in one direction. This will prevent the attached stubs from breaking. When dismantling the display, glue residues are visible. They look like dense consistencies of black and white.
- Having opened the iPhone, the metal panel, under which the battery is attached from below, immediately catches the eye. A connector and a pair of cables hold not only it, but also the shield. Screws, in 3 pieces, help hold the inner panel. This is another feature of the 7th modification. They will have to be carefully unscrewed and removed.
- The plastic piece, located in the place of the 3.5mm port, is the barometric vent. It compensates for the pressure generated in the housing.
- From the Home button, there is a module that connects it to the screen – the Taptic Engine. Due to the absence of push-button connections, these smartphones are maximally protected from the penetration of liquids. Removing it is easy.
- Removing a large battery is more difficult. If it is necessary to weaken the effect of the adhesive, it is better to use the heating again.
- The sensor is now visible. 4 panels should be removed from it. They are all made of metal. They are magnets whose application lies in optical stabilization.
- The antenna cables should be removed to make it easier to 'approach' the motherboard, which is much easier to dismantle than in the 6 iPhone.
- Pulling out the speakers is a little more difficult. They have spring contacts, as in the previous smartphone model.
- Removing the main interior is easy. This is a large ribbon cable that is a special connection of the Lightning port, speakers and microphones. Each part is equipped with different moisture protection. Modules on a loop with the front camera are needed to connect to it, a microphone, as well as a connection to a speaker with a stereo effect, and light and proximity sensors.
- You can now pull out the touch sensor. It acts as a Home button. We'll have to work again with the adhesive and remove the screws.
- The last button to be removed is to switch sound profiles. Fixed with a rubber pad. We'll have to tinker with the buttons to control the volume. They are mounted securely and dismantling is difficult.