Have you noticed some apps disappear from your iPhone or iPad? There is a simple explanation for what is happening. New feature iOS that automatically unloads unused apps from your devices. Now I will tell you how to disable this feature.
Apple introduced a feature to unload unused apps from iOS 11 to help users with limited storage in iPhone. Overall, this is a useful addition, but if it happened by accident or without your knowledge, it can be frustrating.
With the iOS 11 setting, this feature is disabled by default, but there are users on the forums who claim that it is enabled without their knowledge. With this function, applications are removed from the device, but not removed from the home screen, only the icon remains. It just shows a cloud icon next to the name, indicating that it has been uploaded from the device.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pros to go on sale first Eighth beta versions released iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 for developers and public testers
There is a possibility that on iOS 11 this feature may be enabled automatically when a device with iOS has to work with a small amount of memory. However, there is currently no official document from support Apple.
Here's how to check if this feature is enabled and how to disable it.
- Let's turn to the settings.
- Swipe down and click on iTunes and App Store.
- Swipe down, if necessary, and find the section – 'Download unused', we are talking about unused applications.
- Disable this feature if you want to keep all applications permanently.
If you really do not have enough space on your device and you want to temporarily remove some applications, but want the information to remain in them, then you should proceed as follows:
- Go to the settings, go to the 'Storage iPhone (iPad)' section.
- Next, we find the required application for unloading and click on its icon. We will be prompted to uninstall the program or download the program.
- We select the item – Download the program.
This will allow us to temporarily remove the application from the device, leaving the icon in its place. When necessary, we can click on this application and it will automatically install, while saving all the data that was available before unloading.
Here's a description of how it works: automatic removal of unused applications, but keeping all documents and data. Reinstalling apps will get your details back if the app is still available at App Store.