To recover lost or deleted SMS messages, you can use two methods without using software. For this, iTunes and iCloud are used. For the process to complete successfully, the phone must be connected to the PC and not disconnected from USB.
This method is suitable if a backup was previously created – before the SMS was lost. For this purpose, a computer, USB cable and iTunes software are used.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will go on sale first Now officially: announcement of iPhone 12 will take place in a week
After starting the program, you need to go to 'Settings', check the box 'Disable the ability to auto-sync', and connect the phone to the PC with a USB cable to restore the SMS messages copied to the backup. For this you need:
- Open the 'File' folder in iTunes, select 'Device';
- Click on the name 'Restore from a copy'.
- After waiting a little time to view the messages returned to the iPhone.
In this option, you also need to use backups that were created using iCloud. In addition, you need to know the data Apple ID and password of your phone.
- First, you need to delete all files from the iPhone through the menu, in which you need to select the 'General' tab.
- Next, you need to click on the 'Reset' menu item and select 'Erase content and settings'. For this command to be executed, you will need to enter the password and identifier Apple ID (the device will ask for them).
Using Icloud makes it easy to get lost SMS messages back to your phone.
The two above methods are the easiest and safest, therefore, in order not to bother with searching for programs to perform this procedure, if you need to restore messages, you need to regularly make backup copies of SMS messages.