The message program on the iPhone makes it possible to share even your geolocation, which can be very useful for explaining the route, for example.
Sending geolocation via messages
You can send geolocation from iPhone in a message like this:
- Start the message program;
- Select a recipient to send geolocation among contacts;
- Click the 'Details' button at the top right;
- Click on the field for sending the current geolocation;
- Wait for the process to complete.
When sending a location, there may be a problem with the messaging program accessing the location data, you need to give permission in the pop-up window.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro go on sale first Epic Games asks court to return Fortnite to App Store
One of the ways to send geolocation is a notification for a certain period:
- Open the program with messages on your iPhone.
- Among the contacts, select the one to whom the personal location will be sent.
- Find and click the details button in the pop-up menu at the top right.
- Click on the line with the option to share geolocation.
- In the pop-up menu, you must select one of the appropriate broadcasting periods for your position: for an hour; before the end of the day; indefinitely.
- After that, the message will be sent.
Accordingly, it is possible to set the sending of geolocation in automatic mode to the necessary contacts. To cancel sending – click on the 'Do not share' button.
Find Friends Program
You can also share your location and find out where others are using the Find Friends app, which is installed by default on all Apple devices.
The principle of the program is as follows:
- Open a program that will independently compile a list of important contacts, the geolocation of which the user would like to know. In the event that the desired contact is not in the list, you need to enter his email address to send the invitation.
- If you have one of the latest versions of the app installed, you can add a friend using an 'AirDrop' request. You just have to select the term for which the user wants to share the location.
- To track a friend's geolocation, you need to click on the icon of his contact and send a request.
- In order for the user's geo-position to be visible to other users on the map, the following sequence of actions should be performed: Settings => Privacy => Geolocation services, after which you must give permission to use the location data for the application.
- Scroll down the list and go to the system services item to activate the 'Share geolocation' action.
- In the 'Share location' item, you need to switch the slider to the active position. Here it is also possible to disable access to location for certain contacts.