Another 'iPhone' September gave connoisseurs of gadgets from Apple not so much the joy of the release of new products in 2017, as the need for an agonizing choice between THREE trendy smartphones at once: iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X.
The excitement around the release of the tenth anniversary episode negatively affected the sales of the G8, which was undeservedly criticized in the first months. Today the situation has already changed and the model has finally spread among users around the world. A detailed review will help highlight the advantages of the iPhone 8, its disadvantages and determine the feasibility of such an expensive purchase.
Benefits iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
The release of each next gadget Apple furnishes in the spirit of American shows: engineering secrets, rare 'leaks' of information that support interest in the model, a colorful presentation. This becomes the primary incentive to buy, but in the case of the G8, the emphasis was placed on advertising iPhone X, so what advantages and disadvantages the iPhone 8 has, it became known from reviews and tests of bloggers and users. This turn turned out to be successful, because most of the assessments have a positive vector.
Dry numbers may not give an idea of what are the advantages of the iPhone 8, but they will create the necessary opinion about the smartphone. What did the developers include in the 2017 model:
- glass body;
- support for wireless charging;
- waterproof and dustproof housing;
- display with extended color girth;
- six-core processor Apple A11 Bionic +;
- built-in stereo speakers with improved sound and 25% increased volume over the previous model;
- dimensions: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm, weight – 148 grams;
- 4.7-inch Retina HD display with a resolution of 1334 x 750 pixels and a pixel density of 326 ppi;
- the presence of True Tone technology.
Pros iPhone 8 Plus in comparison with the first model are predictable: expanded memory, larger screen diameter and some additional chips for lovers of photo and video. Unlike the iPhone 8, the 8 Plus has a dual camera setup, enhanced portrait performance, and Portrait Lighting.
Now is the time to consider how the claimed qualities of the smartphone are justified in real use.
What pleased and surprised
For each owner of the iPhone 8 model, the pros and cons are different, for one the speed of the smartphone is the main factor, for the second only the quality of the photo is important. But there are universal functions that excite any user, regardless of tastes and rhythm of life. Here's what the company Apple has prepared for experienced and new users:
- The G8 is the latest smartphone with the usual physical Home button. Starting with the X series, it will become touch-sensitive and merge with the display.
- When it comes to software, here Apple is second to none. Four processor cores are responsible for fast system operation, two – for performance. The smartphone functions 25% faster without significant energy consumption. The video chip was developed within the company, without the involvement of third-party firms, and therefore organically fit into the work of the platform.
- The iPhone 8 debuted True Tone technology to adjust white balance based on lighting. What's the use? Thanks to the improved color rendition, it became 2 times easier to watch photos, videos or read, and at different times of the day.
- What plus of iPhone 8 is most in demand among the advanced young generation? Additional reality. The A11 Bionic processor has increased the smoothness and realism, even the most complex applications will run 100% in the new platform.
- The '8' was released for lovers of realistic photography. Optical Image Stabilizer also records video in 4K at 24, 30 and 60 frames per second.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pros to ship first Apple ready to start production iPhone 12
Of all the advantages, the clear leader is the improved performance indicator. In the developer's device evaluation and comparison program Apple, iPhone 8 performed excellently. So far, neither apple nor Korean competitors have similar characteristics in terms of speed and quality of data processing. How is this reflected in the work? The gadget instantly performs tasks without delays visible to the eye. So even the 'hard' games on the 'eight' just fly, and the graphics are amazing.
What benefits will the iPhone 8 plus bring to users?
For the iPhone 8, plus the pros and cons coincide with the main model, although there are still more advantages:
- RAM 3 GB versus 2 GB in a simple G8;
- 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1920×1080;
- battery capacity 2691 mAh, 10, 22 W.
The difference in price between 8 and 8 plus is 10 thousand rubles. In simple terms, for such an overpayment, a person gets a larger screen, increased battery power, and new portrait functions.
Cons iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
When buying a smartphone for 60-80 thousand rubles, it is somehow strange to talk about the shortcomings. But if we are talking about the iPhone, then the search for defects turns into a kind of competition, who does not want to point out mistakes Apple? In the iPhone 8 model, the minuses are relative, everyone knows about them, but few take into account. Consider a number of factors that, if they do not diminish the desire to buy a gadget, will force you to be more careful with your expensive purchase.
For iPhone 8 users, the shortcomings related to the package bundle or the excessive soiling of the case were not as important as unjustified expectations. Yes, a moment of disappointment accompanies the birth of all models from Apple, but in the case of the 2017 smartphone, the dissatisfaction of users can be safely doubled.
The list below is more about annoying shortcomings that annoy, but do not rush to throw the gadget away.
- The long-awaited wireless charging feature has been overshadowed by the lack of a docking station that will have to be purchased separately. But it should be noted that the minimum complete set of digital technology is a tradition of completely different manufacturers. For iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, the plus is that stations of other brands are suitable, as well as for the tenth model.
- The use of glass in the design of the front and back surfaces of the iPhone 8 is also considered a controversial point. What are the advantages of this material for the owner in addition to its attractive appearance? Unfortunately, the practical use of the gadget has shown that there are no positive qualities. The smartphone glides on a smooth surface, and upon impact it becomes covered with a cobweb of cracks. However, scratches appear less frequently than on previous prototypes. For this model, the cover is not just shown, but vital!
- An unexpected fact was not an increase, but a decrease in the volume of the battery in comparison with the “seven”, and this despite the thickness of the case is 0.2 mm more than in the previous model. The battery had to 'move' due to the inclusion of new components. However, the manufacturers indicated that the decrease in power will not affect the duration of use in any way, and all thanks to the optimization of the application.
Indescribably surprised and upset the new owners of the phone screen with its ability to quickly get dirty. The oleophobic coating does not protect against fingerprints, such stains are erased quickly, but they also appear after each use. The back cover in this regard is characterized positively, on white and gold models, streaks are not visible, but the black case and 'gray space' lose in the competition for resistance to pollution.
And yet, the pros iPhone of the 8 and 8 Plus outweigh the disadvantages. So Apple justifiably jumped a generation and released the 8, and not just an improved version of the iPhone 7. The happy owner of the 8 will find the wow effect everyone expects from iPhone.