Among the many brands of cell phones, one of the most popular is still Apple. This company has long established itself as a reliable and high-quality manufacturer, and not just cell phones, but high-tech devices.
It should be noted, however, that the popularity and mass production make this brand increasingly vulnerable to malware. And each new model already contains one or another flaw.
Therefore, users increasingly need to learn how to implement recovery mode iPhone.
What is Recovery mode and why is it needed
Any manufacturer's phone has a special menu that allows you to restore factory settings. The function may be required when problems arise with the device and need to return to normal operation.
On devices that run using iOS, the recovery mode is called Recovery mode. Not only iPhone, but also iPad and iPod have this feature.
This mode will help the device if a problem occurs in the program. In the event of a malfunction, a factory reset can restore the phone to normal operation. The advantage of this restoration is that when using it, the manufacturer's warranty obligations remain.
How to activate recovery mode
Recovery on all devices, including Apple, is started using the buttons. In the case of iPhone, there is little choice of button set. Touch phones, when freezes occur, can drive the user into a stupor. Indeed, on the one hand, the absence of many buttons and manipulation only with the use of the sensor is convenient, and on the other hand, when problems arise, there is a misunderstanding of where to press.
Therefore, it is better to familiarize yourself with the correct introduction of the phone into recovery mode:
- The device must be turned off.
- The next step is to press and hold the Home button.
- Following the previous step, using a USB cable, connect your smartphone to your computer. The device should display the iTunes logo and cable. This image lets the user know that Recovery mode is enabled.
- Then you need to open iTunes on your computer. In this case, you need to ensure that the device is in the Recovery mode state.
- The computer displays a message stating that the device has been detected by the program in Recovery mode. You need to restore your phone before using iTunes. The user needs to accept this entry by pressing the 'OK' key.
How to disable recovery mode
The user needs to remember that it is required not only to correctly enter Recovery mode, but also to be able to exit it.
This can be done in several ways:
- When the iTunes icon and the cable image appear on the screen, you need to hold down 2 buttons: 'Home' and 'Power'. You need to keep them in this state for about 10-15 seconds. Then turn on the phone with 'Power'.
- The method may not help if the user is in the 'Recovery loop' mode. Then you will need to install special programs to exit Recovery mode. These can be programs such as TinyUmbrella, redsn0w, RecBoot.
What is a recovery loop
Recovery loop is a state iPhone in which, after a forced reboot, the phone does not start working normally, but continues to show the user a black screen with the iTunes logo and a cable image. The reason for such a hit may lie in a faulty recovery iOS or a software failure. It can also be a situation when the cable was accidentally pulled out when changing the software. You can exit this state using the special programs described above.
interesting 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will go on sale first Apple will announce the launch of iPhone 12 from day to day
For example, to break out of the loop with TinyUmbrella, you need to:
- Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Start running the TinyUmbrella program.
- Put your phone in DFU mode.
- Click in the 'Fix Recovery' program.
- The phone should turn off and turn on by itself.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Run the program on the computer.
- In the program, click 'Extras' and 'Recovery fix'.
- Transfer phone to DFU.
- Then the program itself recognizes the smartphone and performs all the necessary operations. It is important to avoid disconnecting your phone from your computer.
- The last step is to reboot the device.
Using the RecBoot program:
- After connecting a smartphone stuck in a loop to a computer, the latter launches the RecBoot program.
- After recognizing the mobile phone, you need to select 'Exit Recovery' in the program.
- The device should reboot normally.
Sometimes programs are powerless. Therefore, you will have to restore your phone using firmware. It's important to remember to make backups to keep the data you need.
What is the difference between DFU mode and recovery mode
When it is not possible to restore a smartphone using the listed methods, use DFU.
The disadvantages of this method are:
- operating system update iOS (although for some users this may be a plus);
- all user data will be deleted from the device (which is why it is so important to back up your phone – you can avoid this problem if something goes wrong with the device).
After connecting the device to the computer, you need to turn off the phone. Within 10 seconds, hold down 2 buttons: 'Power' and 'Home'. Then 'Power' must be released, and 'Home' must be continued to hold. You must wait until the computer detects the device.
To enter the phone in DFU mode, it must be connected to the computer. ITunes recognizes DFU as a recovery mode. But the computer reflects the device in DFU mode as a firmware update of the device.
You can take the phone out of DFU mode using a cold restart. It is made using all the same keys – 'Power' and 'Home' – for 10 seconds. Then you need to quickly press the 'Power' button. The result should be the appearance of the brand's corporate logo Apple.
DFU mode is a useful feature that allows the device to return to life in a variety of situations and failures. It can be used to restore or update the firmware iOS when it is impossible to make manipulation in normal mode. In cases where the phone refuses to boot in normal mode, DFU is a way out.
Before you start using the phone, you must carefully study the instructions for use in order to avoid unnecessary damage done out of ignorance. In addition, when downloading any application from the Internet (including various toys), you should make sure that the downloaded application is safe for the device, that is, it will not bring with it any viruses.
If, nevertheless, the phone could not be saved, and it freezes, or it constantly reboots itself, then resetting the settings can return it to normal operation. If this does not help, then you should contact the service center. perhaps the problem lies in the breakdown of any parts. In this case, the recovery mode is powerless – technical repairs will be required, which is better to entrust to specialists.